Friday, January 25, 2013

Lookey What I Got: The Liebster Blog Award

 
I was given this award by Avanti from Avanti's Place

I'm uber excited because I had been thinking about and debating on starting a blog for forever and it's nice to know that after a week of having one people enjoy it.



The Rules of the award:



  1. Thank your Liebster Blog Award presenter on your blog and link back to the blogger who presented this award to you.
  2. Answer the 11 questions from the nominator, list 11 random facts about yourself and create 11 questions for your nominees
  3. Present the Liebster Blog Award to 11 blogs of 200 followers or less who you feel deserve to be noticed and leave a comment on their blog letting them know they have been chosen. (no tag backs)
  4. Copy and paste the blog award on your blog.

Questions from Avanti:

1.   What are you currently reading & why did you choose that book?
      I am reading (almost finished with!) Trial by Fire by Jennifer Lynn Barnes. It's been on my Kindle for awhile now but it was chosen for me to read next in my January Random Reads.
2.   Why do you love reading so much? 
      I have been reading heavily since I was able to read the children's book Cat & Dog at the age of like 5. It's an escape from real life and all the stress that sometimes accompany it. For a few hours in your day you become the girl in love with the angel or the teenage boy with a dragon for a friend or even the woman dating a rock star. And while reading you stretch the boundaries of your imagination.
3.   Why did you start blogging?
      I read- A LOT. I can easily finish a book in a day. I started doing reviews on Goodreads and was sending it off to various friends trying to convince them (who are either stay at home moms, grad students or something else with virtually no time to spare) that they need to read this or check that out. One of them convinced me that I should be spreading the word to others and so far I am loving it.

4.   If you could be any character for a day who would it be?
      Hmm this is a toughie. So, I'm going to sort of cheat and do a hybrid. An Elizabeth Bennett/Jo March/Katniss Everdeen/Katy Swartz/Rose Hathaway hybrid.

5.   When you finish a book do you keep it or pass it on?
      
It really depends on the book. If I know for a fact that this person or that person will like it, then I definitely pass it on. That's been happening less and less since I got a Kindle though...can't remember the last time I got a physical book.
6.   Favorite movie & why?
     
Oh man, there is no way for me to answer this. Movies come in a VERY close second to books as far as things I'm addicted to. There is no way to pick. I can say my favorite from the past year is The Dark Knight Rises. Why? Because the whole series has been amazing and I had been waiting impatiently for the last 2 years for the finale.
7.   Favorite book to movie adaptation?
      Hmm, I am definitely of the opinion that more often than not a movie hardly ever does a good book justice. I guess the best attempts (recently) would be The Hunger Games and The Help.

8.   What type of music do you like?
      
Everything. Well, everything except that screaming-can't really understand what they're saying-damn that's loud metal music. But even with that there are a few bands that I don't mind. It really all depends on the mood I'm in.
9.   Where's your favorite place to read?
      I'll read pretty much anywhere, but my favorite place is in the spring/summer in the Public Garden in Boston on my lunch breaks.
10.  Favorite hobby besides reading?
       Dancing. I'm kind of a Spanish dancing junkie. Will even do Zumba to get quick fixes.

11.  If you could go anywhere right now, where would you go?
      Well, considering it's 10 degrees outside today my answer at this very moment is somewhere in the Caribbean.


11 Facts About Me:

1.   Between Dunkin Donuts and Starbucks,  I will go for Dunkin Donuts every single time.
2.   I own nearly 300 dvds.
3.   I have 2 big Rubbermaid containers filled with books I can't fit on my bookshelf hidden in my closet.
4.   I was a nerd and read Shakespeare on library days in 3rd grade. I stopped when I got to a Midsummer's Night Dream and picked up Tales of a Fourth Grade Nothing instead.
5.   I have 3 tattoos and already have my 4th and 5th planned out.
6.   I am a self proclaimed Anglophile.
7.   My signature is one of many covered over with paint on the wall of Abbey Road Records.
8.   I just sent my first Tweet yesterday.
9.   I will immediately change the station when a Britney Spears song comes on, but will begrudgingly admit to listening to one or two Bieber songs (Ugh!)
10. I can make a mean burger.
11. I am a football fanatic. Pro football, college football doesn't matter.  

Questions for Nominees:
1. Who's your favorite male and female fictional character? Why?
2. If someone could grant you ONE wish, what would you wish for and why? 
3. When did you start blogging, and what made you do it?
4. If you had the chance to meet and talk to a fictional character, who would it be and why?
5. YA movie adaptations - Like it or hate it? Why?

6. Top 5 most charming male fictional characters.
7. Most emotional book you've read?
8. Cliffhangers, love 'em or hate 'em?
9. Favorite genre to read and review?
10. Author you would love to interview and why?     
11. Your most anticipated book of 2013?

 11 Nominees:



1 comment:

  1. I love losing myself in other worlds too! That's why reading is amazing, you experience things you could never experience yourself.

    ReplyDelete