Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Teaser Tuesday #4



Teaser Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by MizB at Should Be Reading and slightly altered by thebookcafeblog.com
 
 

Grab your current read
• Share 2 “teaser” sentences from a random page in your book or a part you really liked and post it as a teaser.
• BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! Make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away; you don’t want to ruin the book for others!

• Share the TITLE and AUTHOR too, so that other participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teaser.



 
 
I am really, really loving and slightly addicted to Ruining Me by Nicole Reed. I'm at about 70-ish% on my Kindle and I already bought the next one from Amazon. It's really that good. I don't know what it is with me and high charged, painful and beautiful stories lately, but man this one is quickly finding it's way towards the top of my list. So here is a passage about 33% in. Enjoy!

Kane is quiet the whole ride home. He has Radiohead’s Karma Police playing on the radio. I crank it up loud so I don’t have to talk to him. As he turns into my driveway, I lower the volume. He puts the car in park but leaves it running. Then, he turns to me.
He starts to say something, but I am quicker. “Kane, my life is so messed up right now. I can’t even begin to tell you how much. I know you want answers about the restaurant but right now, I can’t talk about it.” Tears begin to fall down my cheeks; I am unable to control my emotions. “You don’t need this extra drama in your life right now, and I come with a shitload of it. I know you’re not looking for anything serious.” I open the door to get out, but Kane reaches for my arm and gently pulls me back.
          “Jay, you’re right, I don’t need anymore bullshit in my life right now”.
          I nod in agreement.
          “So, that is why you are going to let me help you work some of it out. I am not walking away from what we are starting here, so just deal with it.” He draws me toward him, “I don’t know what it is, but you will tell me all of it- just not tonight.” He kisses me lightly on the lips. “I want you, Jay, but I can wait for the right time for us, and I know that’s just not tonight.” I know he can see the shock on my face. He kisses the tip of my nose and turns to open his door.
          After helping me out of the car, he accompanies me to the front door. I unlock it and step inside. When he doesn’t follow, I spin back around. “Lock the door and turn the alarm on after I leave. I’ll see you in the morning.” He kisses me lightly on the lips and walks away.
          “Kane,” I call to him and he stops to look at me. “I thought you didn’t want anything serious?” His eyes meet mine.
          “Yeah, that’s what I thought too.” He smiles and turns to leave.


No comments:

Post a Comment