Monday, July 20, 2015

5 Coffee Cup Review! Pocketful of Sand by M. Leighton

Pocketful of Sand
by M. Leighton
Genre: Contemporary Romance
Published on 3/15/15

“She’s beauty for my ashes. And I’m hope for her heartache.”—Cole Danzer.

I don’t know what makes a great love story. Is it that instant attraction when boy meets girl? The passionate kisses and the fairy-tale ending? Or is it a lifetime of tragedy, paid in advance, for a few stolen moments of pure bliss? The pain and the suffering that, in the end, you can say are worth it for having found the missing piece of your soul?

The answer is: I don’t know. I don’t know what makes a great love story. I only know what makes my love story. I only know that finding Cole when I did, when Emmy and I were running from a nightmare, was the only thing that saved me. That saved us. He was more broken than I was, but somehow we took each other’s shattered pieces and made a whole. If that is what makes a great love story, if that is what makes an epic romance, then mine…ours is the greatest of them all.


My Rating: 5 Coffee Cups!!

I don't know how else to put it but I LOVED THIS BOOK. It easily climbed up my 2015 Favorites List. It made me feel everything. Happiness, anger, pure devastation, pure love. Literally EVERYTHING. I finished reading this book yesterday afternoon and it literally took me almost a full 24 hours to digest and process. 

Eden and her young daughter Emmy are escaping a absolutely horrifying past. They move to a small town in Maine for a fresh start. They are an adorable mother-daughter pair. Their love for one another is beautiful and Emmy's innate knowledge (for a six year old!) is a mixture of intuitive and heartbreaking because, even before knowing their full past, you have a sense that she had experienced more life than a young girl should have.

Then there is Cole. He could've easily come across as someone you would immediately dislike. One of those douche-turned good guy types of male leads- you know the kind. But he's absolutely not. He's aloof and short and broody and mysterious. But you can ultimately tell that it's not because he's a jerk, it's because he doesn't want any kind of connections. He's an ex football player with a life shattering past. 


Watching their love story unfold was pure magic. You were with them every step of the way. From their first meeting to their opening hearts and their pasts YOU WERE THERE (or at least your heart was). It's hard to go into detail about the story-line without going into too much detail, so I don't even want to try because I don't want to ruin any of this for you. 


“I don’t have anything to give you. I’m broken. More than I ever though I could be. But you can have what’s left of me. If you want it. You can have what little I have to give.”


But a couple of things I need to touch on. When I said their love story was pure magic, I meant more than just Eden and Cole's. I truly loved any part of the book that had Emmy and Cole pairings. Their love story was as important and Eden and Cole's. Their interactions- watching them both open to one another despite the pain each one carried- squeezed my heart. I can honestly say I teared up. And they were happy scenes!! 

M. Leighton even took her amazing story one step further and gave you a HEA- if you wanted it. Or, she gave you a cliffhanger- again, if you wanted it. You got to choose how you wanted the story to end. Or you could be like me and just choose both :) 

I'm pretty sure I didn't fully express how truly incredible I thought this book was. I guess I am still processing and coming down from the book reading high if you will. But this story touched me in ways a story hasn't in awhile.   

Pick it up now!!
AMAZON
B&N

No comments:

Post a Comment