Monday, September 7, 2015

Review by Amanda! 5 Tea Cups!! In the Blood by Lisa Unger

In the Blood
by Lisa Unger
Genre: Mystery/Thriller

Liar, liar, pants on fire . . . College senior Lana Granger has told so many lies about her past that the truth seems like a distant, cloudy nightmare. But she meets her match when she begins babysitting for a volatile, manipulative eleven-year-old boy. Soon after Lana takes the job, her close friend Beck mysteriously disappears. Lana instantly begins fabricating stories - to friends, to police, to herself. Why doesn't her account jibe with those of eye-witnesses? Lana will do anything to bury the truth about that night ... and about her life. But someone else knows her secrets. And he's dying to tell.

As darkly startling and finely crafted as her blockbuster bestsellerBeautiful Lies, Lisa Unger's masterful new psychological thriller is packed with no-holds-barred raw power.


Reviewed by: Amanda :)


My Rating: 5 Tea Cups!!! 


I love it when I'm reading a thriller or mystery and then all of a sudden, BAM, plot twist! Something so unexpected that I didn't see it coming. I normally mutter something under my breath (which causes some concern for my fiancĂ©) and instantly flip through the previous pages of the book to see if I had missed anything that would have led to this plot twist. 

In the Blood was just filled with plot twists. BAM, BAM, BAM! I loved it! The story had 2 perspectives, the main character's Lana modern day outlook and an unknown mother's diary. I found myself sympathetic towards both Lana and the unknown mother. However to my surprise I was more drawn to the mother and could easily relate to her even though I am not a mother myself. 

I knew nothing about the novel or the author going into this novel. To be honest, I don’t even remember when or why I clicked “to-reads” on Goodreads, but I’m glad I did! One of my favourite things about reading is when you fall in love with unexpected novels. 

If you enjoy thrillers, pick up this book! There is a number of storylines that keep you engaged and they all end up all coming together.



Add it on Goodreads Now!!

Purchase Links:

No comments:

Post a Comment