Monday, September 14, 2015

Review by Crystal!! The Caged Series by Shay Savage! 4 Coffee Cups

Caged Series #1-3 (Takedown Teague, Trapped, Released)
by Shay Savage
Genre: Contemporary Romance

This is not made for TV. This is the raw, brutal underground of no-holds-barred combat.

Inside the cage there is nothing but me and the pain I inflict on those who dare enter.

In the cage, I never have to worry about anyone but myself.

Yet, when she began standing outside of the cage, everything changed.

I was no longer fighting for the money or the glory – I was fighting for her.

Bizarre rituals on a remote island in Maine.
My crazy neighbor lying naked in the produce section of a grocery store.
The sting of a knife as it slices through my flesh.
Now I know why they say life is never easy.
The soft touch of Tria’s hand against my chest is the only thing that keeps me going, but there are consequences. As a fighter, I should be able to deal with anything life throws at me, but there is one circumstance I simply can’t handle.
I only have one coping mechanism: a tube around my arm and a needle in my vein.

No pain. No disturbing thoughts of the past. No guilt from my recent actions.
Deep down, there is still a part of me that knows how screwed up I am. I don’t see a way out, not now. Tria’s gone, and the possibility of her forgiving me in my current state is exactly zero.

I know I have to pull myself together, accept my responsibilities, and try to make amends, but I have no idea where to start.
No job. No apartment. I’m living on the streets with the other junkies. As little as I had to offer Tria before, I have nothing to give her now. The only way out is to come clean and tell Tria the truth about my past, but the idea of reliving the memories is so painful, I can’t think about it long enough to figure out a solution.

I’ve hit rock bottom, and I don’t even know which way is up any more.


Reviewed by Crystal :)


My Rating: 4 Coffee Cups!! 


I absolutely loved this story! It gripped me from page 1 and I found myself sneak reading at work on my phone pretending to check emails! I loved Liam's simpleness and Tria's seriousness. These two were absolutely great characters. 

I loved all of Liam's names for Tria's purse! 


“Once she got a grip on it, it was a death grip, and I would sooner go into her purse looking for Tic Tacs than try to get it away from her.” 


Liam is an only child from an uber wealthy family and gave it all up after an incident when he was 17, which caused him to suffer from PTSD. Poor Liam has no idea what he is doing to himself by keeping all of that inside and turns to heroin and fighting to make him forget. 

He is recovering and fighting to make ends meet and he meets Tria. Oh Tria is a simple girl going to school to get away from her weird home life and “family” and runs into Liam. They collide like a train wreck and depend on one another in more ways than they like to admit. 

This series is about addiction, recovery, co-dependency, life, love, soul mates and the lengths two people with go to in order to be together like it was intended to be, in order for both of them to heal and move forward. 

Believe me when I say that what Liam is trying not to remember, would make anybody want to forget. Then again, the nonsense and craziness that Tria lived was almost as bad. 

I laughed a lot reading this, even with all of the serious issues discussed. It was a great read and I will definitely be reading more by this author! 


Add to Goodreads

Book 2: Trapped
Book 3: Released


Buy Links

Amazon (3 Book Series): http://bit.ly/1KaBL97

B&N:

No comments:

Post a Comment