Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Teaser Tuesday #2




Teaser Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by MizB at Should Be Reading and slightly altered by thebookcafeblog.com
 
 

Grab your current read
• Share 2 “teaser” sentences from a random page in your book or a part you really liked and post it as a teaser.
• BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! Make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away; you don’t want to ruin the book for others!

• Share the TITLE and AUTHOR too, so that other participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teaser.



I'm in the process of reading an ARC for Turning Point (Kathleen Turner #3) by Tiffany A. Snow. First of all, I was super duper, 5 year old on Xmas, 13 year old at a Bieber concert excited when I got this (release date is 2/19). I ADORE this series. It's filled with mystery, action, romance and sexiness. It's an awesome series to pick up if you're interested in those kinds of things (umm, who isn't?). But anywho, below is a snippet from the random location I picked on my Kindle (location 2987 to be precise). Enjoy :)


I tore through the debris, each piece seeming heavier than the last. The sense of urgency overwhelmed me as I heard the sound of approaching footsteps.
Gunshots. I cried out. Standing, I tried to run, but there was nowhere to go. More gunshots. I fell, tripping over something. It was a man's body. Dreading the truth, but unable to halt the compulsion to see, I crept closer. My hand shook as I pushed away the cloth covering his face.
Blood trailed away from his mouth in a sluggish stream while sightless green eyes stared up at me.
I screamed and screamed and screamed.
"Kathleen!"
I came abruptly awake, panic and despair still clawing at my throat. The dream had felt so real, the taste of sawdust still in my mouth.

No comments:

Post a Comment