Wednesday, February 6, 2013

"Waiting On" Wednesday: Apollyon (Covenant #4) and Interview with Author!



"Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted by Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.
 
This week's choice is:



Apollyon (Covenant #3) 
by Jennifer L. Armentrout
Release date: 4/9/13

Fate isn’t something to mess with… and now, neither is Alex.
Alex has always feared two things: losing herself in the Awakening and being placed on the Elixir. But love has always been stronger than Fate, and Aiden St. Delphi is willing to make war on the gods—and Alex herself—to bring her back.
The gods have killed thousands and could destroy entire cities in their quest to stop Seth from taking Alex’s power and becoming the all-powerful God Killer. But breaking Alex’s connection to Seth isn’t the only problem. There are a few pesky little loopholes in the whole “an Apollyon can’t be killed” theory, and the only person who might know how to stop the destruction has been dead for centuries.
Finding their way past the barriers that guard the Underworld, searching for one soul among countless millions, and then somehow returning will be hard enough. Alex might be able to keep Seth from becoming the God Killer… or she might become the God Killer herself.

Apollyon is the third installment in this extremely addictive series by the always amazing Jennifer L. Armentrout and I am very, very impatiently waiting for it's release. 

As a special treat the aforementioned amazingly awesome Jennifer Armentrout did a quickie interview with me last week and I figured I'd share it with you all :)

1- What made you decide "I want to do this, I want to be an author"? 
I've wanted to be a writer since I can remember, but it wasn't until 2007 that I started to write seriously, with the intentions to be published one day. I write for two reasons: it keeps me from being bored and I bore easily, and I love being able to share my stories with other people.
 
2- So I (obviously) love all of your books penned under Jennifer L. Armentrout. What made you create alter ego J. Lynn?
 At first, it was to help separate more mature material from my younger YA readers and also for shelving reasons.
 
3- If you could be any character in your books for a day (NOT fan favorites Katy or Alex) who would you be and why?
Hmm, I would probably be Sydney from my NA (new adult) novel FRIGID. =)

4- What were your favorite books of 2012?
Losing It, Before I Wake, Beautiful Disaster, Sweet Evil and Sweet Peril, Kathleen Turner Series.
 
5-  So, you're coming towards the end of both your Lux series and your Covenant series (insert extreme sad face here). Which is going to be the hardest to say goodbye to?
Both will be equally hard to say goodbye to. It's hard to even think about it, really.
 
6- I've seen promos and fun looking pictures for Frigid. Tell us a little bit about some of your upcoming projects?
Frigid a NA (new adult) novel and it's about two lifelong friends who find themselves stranded together and not only do they have to face the forces of nature, but also the force of their attraction to one another. Something both have battled over the years. There's a lot of romance and mystery. It was a very fun book to write. There's another NA (new adult) that I hope I'll be able to talk about soon-ish, plus some stuff on the YA side. =D

No comments:

Post a Comment